Boston Collective Film Festival
Our film festival is something completely different. If you are frustrated with film festivals. IF YOU feel as though you spend EMBARRASSING amounts of money and time sharing your content, IF YOU feel as though you drive, fly, travel to crappy festivals and get nothing out of it other than other filmmakers in the same boat and an hour of terrible films, IF YOU have been accepted to many film festivals and never gotten a single introduction to distributor THEN KEEP READING BECAUSE OUR FESTIVAL IS FOR YOU.
You’re entry into this festival is an AUDITION.
Each festival Big Weasel Lil Weasel will organize a production of one project using the winners from the festival.
This year we will be selecting entrants to create an audiobook from their script.
A different director will direct each scene and have an editor as well, and different runner up screenplays will edit the scripts.
We’ll have category winners from each category to work on the audiobook and provide small amounts of work to complete the project that will most likely be a podcast/audiobook available on Youtube, audible, or iTunes. WE WILL be sharing the PROFITS from the entire youtube channel and any revenue we can get from the audiobook by anyone who contributes to the project.
SO HERE’S HOW IT WORKS. FIRSTLY WE’LL BE ACCEPTING THE FOLLOWING:
1. SCRIPTS- one script will be published and it will be the project we work on.
2. ALSO SCRIPTS- we will need writers to punch up and edit those scripts.
3. SHORTS AND FEATURES AND DOCS- when you submit you will be required to tell us what position you want in our film; i.e. DIRECTOR, ACTOR, NARRATION, VOICE ACTING, CINEMATOGRAPHY, PRODUCER ETC.
4. ANIMATED SHORTS- Animated films require a lot of what we need for filmmaking; EDITING, SOUND EDITING, GRAPHICS, POSTER
5. PODCASTS/ALTERNATIVE MEDIA- voice actors and concept art galore.
6. FREE ALTERNATIVE MEDIA- this is for experimental new media only. submit as a normal film
FOR THE RADIO PLAY YEAR:
A main script will have 3 scenes distributed to a team. The chosen writer will edit the script. Chosen Actor will voice the script. The chosen director will work with the actor. All chosen visual artists will create the art for the scene.
FOR THE FIRST TIME! We will be holding the event at our Boston offices at our 100 Cambridge St podcast studio, where 1 team will get to record!
The aim of this film festival is to not only share the wealth but to take back film and festivals from big companies. This last year has seen the swallowing up of the studio giants to become a goliath and it’ll take all of our sling shots to take it back.
I meet filmmakers, including myself, sick of waiting for some person on high to fix my distribution problems. With this festival, we can make something good, make some money and make an impact.
BREAK A LEG!
All winners will be given monetary divided prize from production.
1. CHOSEN SCRIPT- to be produced.
2. CHOSEN WRITERS- for punch up
3. CHOSEN DIRECTOR of production
4. CHOSEN ACTORS- depends on production
5. CHOSEN VOICE ACTORS- for various voice roles
6. CHOSEN ANIMATORS
7. CHOSEN PODCASTS
8. CHOSEN SOCIAL MEDIA
9. CHOSEN EDITORS
10. CHOSEN MUSIC
11. CHOSEN DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY